Certainty is the cage that keeps us safe from curiosity. I've been released from the cage. I am the songbird and I am flying for the window. I know it's closed but I plan on breaking through. – Charlie Coté, Jr. (1987-2005)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kicking the habit: Study suggests that quitting smoking improves mood

ScienceDaily (2010-12-03) -- Researchers tracked symptoms of depression in people who were trying to quit smoking. They found that people were never happier than when they were kicking the habit and remaining free from smoking.

Quit smoking; feel better Never mind conventional wisdom: New research shows people are happier when they quit smoking. (Credit: Mike Cohea/Brown University)
I'm grateful for turning green after smoking too many cigarettes when I was 9 or 10. Smoking always made me queasy. Makes sense that you'd feel better if you stopped smoking, just like you feel better when you exercise regularly and eat a sensible diet. These things are every bit as effective as anti-depressant medication, and, cough, cough, therapy. Hope this post puts me out of business.

Article Link

No comments: